Region VI Social Studies Fair
What is the Region IV Social Studies Fair?
The College of Liberal Arts at the University of Louisiana at Lafayette welcomes your participation in the Region VI Social Studies Fair. This academic competition has provided a positive learning experience for Acadiana’s youth for more than 25 years.
Each participant at the Region VI Fair competes at school and parish levels. All students participating in the school and parish fairs should be familiar with the regulations and procedures. Fair directors are encouraged to duplicate the Project Guidelines and give them to the fair participants. Projects displayed at the regional level represent the highest quality projects from a seven-parish area.
Registration for State Fair Competition must be completed immediately following the Awards Ceremony on March 14th!
Following is the general information on the Region VI Social Studies Fair and general information on the State Social Studies Fair. This information is easily accessible to teachers and students.
The University of Louisiana at Lafayette is excited to share in the learning experiences of your students. Best of luck to all participants!
How to sign up?
The registration fee for the Regional Fair is $15.00, per project, and attendents will pay the fee, which is by cash or check only, at their specific District Fair. Checks should be made out to The University of Louisiana at Lafayette.
Social Studies Fair Entry Forms
2020 Region IV Social Studies Fair Scedule:
- The 2020 Region VI Social Studies Fair is scheduled for Saturday, March 14th, at the Student Union Ballroom on UL Lafayette campus! The Student Union is located at 620 McKinley Street, Lafayette, LA, which is 1/2 block from the parking lot.
- Registration begins at 8:00 a.m. and Judging begins at 9:00 a.m.
- Public viewing will open when the judges have completed their rounds, usually by noon.
- Awards Program will take place at 1:00 p.m., across McKinley Street in Angelle Hall Auditorium.
- Projects may be removed from the Ballroom following the Awards Program.
Parking is available in the Earl K. Long flat lot at the corner of McKinley/ Girard Park Drive and St. Mary Street.
Louisiana State Social Studies Fair Information:
The Louisiana State Social Studies Fair is scheduled for May 1st in Lake Charles. Registration for state competition -- open to all 1st and 2nd place Regional awardees -- is $25 and must be completed immediately following the Awards Program. Registration for State Fair Competition must be completed immediately following the Awards Ceremony on March 14th!
Contact Information for Questions:
The University of Louisiana at Lafayette
College of Liberal Arts
P. O. Box 43551
Lafayette, LA 70504