Students, tutors, and teachers focusing on writing form the Writing Center community and create a comfortable and relaxed atmosphere in which writers work with other writers. Visitors to the center are encouraged to discuss their writing and writing in general.
The Center helps its clients become better writers, and to this end, here are our goals:
• Helping clients enhance their skills
• Helping clients move from writer-based to reader-based prose
• Helping clients understand the value of creating multiple drafts
• Helping clients see strengths and problems in their writing
• Helping clients learn to proofread their writing
• Empowering clients to own their writing
• Nurturing creative ideas
The Center is staffed by tutors who assist its clients at any stage of the writing process. The Center welcomes students, faculty, and staff from all disciplines and also offers resources for those writing in English as a second language.
If you are interested in learning more about the UL Lafayette Writing Center and its services, please stop by to visit us in Griffin 107 or call the Center at 482-5224.