Join the College of Liberal Arts for a full day of events commemorating Constitution Day at the University of Louisiana at Lafayette. We will be celebrating the founding document of the American republic.
Full schedule of events:
- 11 a.m. – Naturalization ceremony – Located in Constitution Park (courtyard near Judice-Rickels Hall)
- 11:30 a.m. – “Celebrating our Constitution” with Dr. Rick Swanson, head of the Department of Political Science
- 11:45 a.m. – Free copies of the Constitution will be distributed (courtyard near Judice-Rickels Hall).
- 2 p.m. – Dr. Rick Swanson will present “The History of Black Civil Rights in Lafayette Parish, 1724-1971.” (Griffin Hall, Room 147)
- 3:15 p.m. – D’Weston Haywood, Maria Seger, Ian Beamish and Rick Swanson will lead a panel discussion about “The Jim Crow Monuments Controversy.” (Griffin Hall, Room 147)
All Constitution Day events are free and open to the public.
Constitution Day events and activities at UL Lafayette will be held in the courtyard near Judice-Rickels Hall and in Griffin Hall, Room 147. See the schedule above for details.